back ground

August 4, 2014

MKH, Søster Katie Pearson

I got distracted chatting with my bro on email.... and now I don't have time to tell y'all about my week. But I got this brilliant idea, seeing as my companion has had the exact same week as I have....... So I'm sending you her email instead :)
So here's a little about my week from the eyes of the one and only Sister Pearson.

Kære Brødre og Søstre,
How's it goin'? Guess what? It FINALLY rained here over!! We have lucked out on the weather front, and have had sunny days OUT OUR EARS! It was about time the rain clouds came. The plants are having a hard time. Also, I heard that the glaciers up in Greenland are melting, so...that could pose quite the problem in the future. I'm sure that y'all wanted to know this...that's why I told ya ;) BUT! On to more exciting things haha. Let me tell you about our week!


Part 2 of the Fruit Fly saga:
And it came to pass...that as DaBree and DaKay were opening the cupboard to get breakfast on Wednesday the 30 Juli 2014, fruit flies started to fly at them in droves. DaBree and DaKay were furious. The flies even began to fly up out of the drains. DaBree and Dakay didn't know what to do. They were trapped. They felt like Mormon and Moroni surrounded by blood thirsty lamanites seeking to destroy them. DaBree and DaKay decided that something had to be done. They were not going to be destroyed by these godless creatures. So...they bought death spray, and other such things to destroy these vile insects. They made traps that exceeded the skill level of the fruit flies, and then they began to spray EVERYTHING with poison. They sprayed the place down, and then high-tailed it out of there. They found refuge at the church with their canned beans and other provisions. Upon their return home only they found that...THE FRUIT FLIES WERE DEAD. They had succeeded! But, they had to clean EVERYTHING because...everything had been infected by the poisonous spray. 
So that was quite the adventure. 

We think that there was still some traces of poison in the house because...we had REALLY strange dreams that night! haha. 

Anyway, this past week we had the opportunity to go to Esbjerg on exchanges with Sister Peterson and Sister Grant. They are AMAZING! I got to be with Sister Grant. She is seriously one of the most loving people that I know, and she is just a joy to be around. Anyway, she's only been in Esbjerg for about two weeks, and we had an appointment that wasn't even IN Esbjerg. It was in a place called Varde. I had only been there once while I was serving in Esbjerg. Anyway, there are two trains that go up there, and only one of them got us close to our appointment. As we were a riding, all was well. We got to Varde, but we knew that we needed to get closer to our destination...so we stayed on the train. One by one the stations started passing, and we realized that WE WERE ON THE WRONG TRAIN! haha We got off in a TINY town in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, and looked at the train schedule. Another train wasn't coming for another two hours. We had to put our Sister Missionary loafers to work, and get a walkin'. So, we walked and said 'hej' to all of the bikers as we walked along a path on the side of the freeway haha. It was an eight and a half kilometer walk, and it took us about an hour. BUT! It was a WAY nice day, and Sister Grant and I had a rockin' chat. You know, it was just brilliant!

It was way fun being in Esbjerg though. It was great seeing some of my friends, and it was also fun catching up with them. Those people down there are one of a kind, and I was so fortunate enough to be able to serve there. 

We also had some progress with Daniel this week! He informed us that he would like to find out if there is a God! WOOT. So, we're about to get experimental. Because he likes science. I feel like it is quite the small steps with Daniel, but we're definitely getting places. That young man will come back to church. No doubt about that. We just have to do our part and then trust in the Lord's timing. 

One more thing. Our ward here in Horsens is quite active as a whole, but there are quite a few youth that are less active and have chosen to live a different way because...it's not easy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ in Denmark. Well, yesterday was fast Sunday, and it seemed to me that a lot of mothers were talking about their children who have chosen to not be a part of church. As they spoke of their children, they couldn't help but cry. You could just feel the love that they had for their children. In sacrament...it hit me. I know that God answers prayers. I know that one way He answers prayers is through others. Us missionaries are here to answer other people's prayers. I feel like I got punched in the stomach haha. I then got this crazy determination and desire to...essentially change the world haha. And, visit all of these less active kids. There's a neat quote that Sister Rogers and I read a little bit ago. It says, 'those that are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones that actually do'. 

I hope that everybody enjoys their last bit of summer! Be crazy enough to change the world! Jeg elsker jer!! Har det godt alle sammen!!
MKH,
Søster Katie Pearson


 Windy day exchanges with Sister Briscoe!
 DaKay and DaBree (decay and debris) are our gangster names. Just in case you were wondering....
 Tivoli gardens. This place is GORGEOUS. 
 ​What a rockin Pday

 What better way to celebrate harry potter's birthday then riding roller coasters?!
(i'm still jealous of Kaden's trip to hp world though!) #longliveharrypotter 

Leadership council party I mean meeting