back ground

August 5, 2013

Hurray for Mondayyyyy!

I used to hate Mondays. Mondays are always everyone's least favorite day of the whole week. But not for missionaries! Mondays rock. I love talking to you guys. 

So it's been a pretty crazy week for us. Guess what? We got a new apartment! (There's a pretty dramatic/ scary/ interesting/ creepy story behind it...... but if you wanna hear about it you'll have to email me! breanna.rogers@myldsmail.net)
Well now we live on a quaint cobblestone street with colorful storybook houses. Right next to a big beautiful park with a duck pond (our morning workouts rock now) and only a 5 minute stroll from the Gå Gade ("walking street" AKA the town SHOPPING CENTER). Soooo yeah we're living in paradise! We love our new apartment. It's atleast 3X bigger than our last one, and now we have a WASHING MACHINE!!!!!! Life is gooooooood.

On Harry Potter's birthday Sister P and I wore maroon and gold for Gryffindor. And we ate chocolate frogs. And also we collected sea shells on a beautiful beach in Kalundborg after teaching a lesson to our new investigator Zaninka. She's from Kongo, and she speaks Swahilli and only a little tiny bit of Danish. And ZIP-O English. I wish you could have been a fly on the wall for that lesson..... you would have died! Well, just try to imagine me and my companion acting out the whole Restoration... it was like a big game of sherades. Don't worry though, Zaninka said we can come back! So I guess it wasn't too bad...

This is my 8th week here in Denmark. I can't believe I've been here for 2 months already! (And 4 months on my mission) Its so crazy to think back on my very first day in this country.... I've learned SO much and have come SOOO far. Actually I'm pretty sure I've learned and grown more in these past 2 months than the rest of my life combined. Its been so challenging, especially not having a trainer! But thats also been the biggest blessing. I've been forced out of my comfort zone and forced to do things that terrify me every single day. (Can I just say that my first phone call in Danish was the scariest thing I've ever done in my whole life?! Haha its a piece of cake now!) Thats the thing- you have to leave your comfort zone and you have to do things that scare you in order to learn and grow. 

In 1 Nephi 21:16 The Savior tells us "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands, thy walls are continually before me."
This scripture means the world to me. During these past 2 exhausting and challenging months I've really come to understand just how intimate Jesus Christ's atonement is. We are graven upon the palms of His hands. He suffered for our sins and our sorrows, for our pains and our trials and our loneliness, for our fears and our weariness and our broken hearts. 
He knows exactly what you're going through, He knows what it's like to be you. Everything you've ever experienced or felt is literally graven upon the palms of His hands so that you are continually before Him. He will never forget you. Thats what those deep scars in His outstretched hands are there for. To remind you that He will never leave. 

I think I'm gonna take a nap for P day today. That sounds so good right now. Moving was exhausting.....

Happy Monday everybody! Go do something that scares you.
MKH,
Søster Rogers


Shout Out to my best friend Kristy Michelle MCQUEEN who just got married!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!