back ground

July 1, 2013

"I will go and Do..."

Transfers are this week, and two of the sisters are finishing their missions and going home, which means that there wont be enough trainers for all the new sisters. (We've already been in tripanionships as it is.) So for the past couple weeks I've had this feeling that Sister Hays would be transferred to be someone else's new trainer. And that Sister Peterson and I would be left to fend for ourselves here in Slagelse. I told my companions about this crazy feeling I had, and they said they both had the exact same feeling. Somehow we all just knew it would happen. So Sister Hays taught us everything she could and we tried our best to soak up every little thing she ever said.

And then one day the phone rang. And as soon as I heard President Sederholm's voice I knew exactly why he was calling... I wasn't surprised at all when he said he was taking away my trainer. He told me that he knew it would be really hard for Sister Peterson and I, but that he knew we could do it. And that more importantly the Lord knew we could do it. Then Sister Peterson told him that we had seen this coming, and that we already knew. And President Sederholm said that he had been praying that we would know. That he had been praying for the Lord to let us know so that we could feel peace and comfort with the whole thing and not be afraid. That's when I realized more than ever that the Lord really is in the details of my life. And I realized that those feelings that I'd had weren't just crazy ideas, but rather they were impressions sent from the Lord. In answer to my mission presidents prayer. 

So on Wednesday morning my trainer is leaving me. I'll be honest, I am terrified!! You are supposed to have a trainer for TWELVE weeks, not three! This is crazy. Sister Peterson has only been here in Denmark one week longer than me, and so basically we're going to be training ourselves. I wont be able to ask Sister Hays how to say a word or a phrase I don't know, or how to pronounce something right. Wont be able to glance over at her to have her jump in and take over a conversation with somebody on the street. Wont be able to have her translate things when I'm totally lost and confused.... But even though this is the scariest thing in the whole world and its going to be really really hard, I feel so much peace. If the Lord trusts me to do this, I trust Him to help me. So "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he hath commandeth them." 

I love my calling. I love my name tag. I love the challenges and the hard times just as much as I love the laughs and the adventures. I love being a missionary more than I've ever loved anything in my life. I love my mission.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers.

Its P day and we are going to Tivoli!! So I'm peacing out from my email early today to go ride some really old roller coasters and maybe even eat a pastry. Have a wonderful week! 
XOXO
 creepy statue we found made out of a tree trunk

 one of our bike trails
 beautiful Denmark