back ground

July 8, 2013

Feeling thankful....

I think God probably laughs as He looks down at Søster Peterson and me. But He has definitely been looking down on us. And he is definitely blessing us for trying.

We felt pretty lost at first. After dropping our trainer off at the train station, we just felt really really lost. So we went home and ate peanut butter and jelly on toast for lunch. Because peanut butter and jelly on toast is the best comfort food. 

I'm just really glad that I'm going through this ultimate challenge with Søster Peterson. She seriously rocks. We get along so well and have so much fun together. Even when we break our phone and have to walk around trying to find somebody who will let us borrow theirs, and even when we get stranded in the middle of no where for 7 hours, and even when we run out of food and have nothing but a can of corn and a can of beans to eat for dinner, and even when the guy in the electric wheel chair takes off at full speed when we try to share a message of happiness with him, and even when we show up for appointments to find nobody home..... we always can find things to laugh about and reasons to smile. 

A few days before Søster Hays left we had dinner with the bishop's family, and I remember feeling like we were going to die without our trainer. It was so hard to keep up with the conversations, and it was exhausting to even try. But we went back to Bishop's house for dinner that first night that we were alone. And it was like the whole world had turned around... I understood words I didn't even know that I knew. I followed every conversation easily. I told everybody stories about my childhood and we talked about World War 2 and about movies and normal every day things... 
When Søster Peterson and I walked out the door that night we just looked at each other. Like WOW. We just spoke Danish for 2 hours. Without Søster Hays whispering translations of what everybody was saying the whole time. It was an absolute miracle. Like somebody just flipped on a light. All I can say is thank you to my Heavenly Father. For answering my prayers and the prayers of my family and friends. 

Its been a really great week! One of the hardest weeks ever, but one of the best. Its amazing that Søster Peterson and I are doing this. We talk with everybody we ever meet. And even though we are both so new to this whole being in Denmark thing slash this whole speaking Danish thing, people listen. And when they really listen, they don't hear our mispronounced grammatically incorrect attempts at speaking this crazy hard language. They hear the Spirit. 

So here's my spiritual thought for you guys this week. From the book of Romans. Chapter 8. 
"The sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God.
What shall we say then to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors, through him that loved us."

XOXO
Søster Rogers
 Farvel søster Hays!
 We had way too much fun at Tivoli.
 
 Patriotic pancake party!
 Happy 4th of July!
Peanut butter is like gold in Europe. THANKS MOM!