back ground

May 14, 2013

As Sisters in Zion!

It's my 6th week in the MTC. Holy. COW. I've loved every second of every day of every week here. I honestly have. Even when its hard and even when I feel stressed or overwhelmed and even when it gets frustrating and exhausting, I absolutely LOVE it. Can I just move in and stay here forever?!? No I'm kidding about that one.... I can't wait to get out of here and eat real food again!!! And I can't wait to start working and teaching and serving for real. I am sooooooo excited to go to Denmark! the more I learn about the country and the people and the culture, the more I realize that its the perfect place in the WORLD for me. And the more I learn about the gospel and the closer I grow to the Savior, the more excited I am to teach my Danish brothers and sisters about Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. My testimony grows SO much every single day. Just through the simple things my companions share with me, through the lessons my teachers give, through the testimonies and sweet letters that my family and friends send me... the Spirit is constantly testifying to me that this church is true. That Heavenly Father knows me and loves me. And that serving a mission is exactly what He wants me to be doing. I love the MTC. Am i driving you guys crazy by how often I say that?? I love it I love it I love it I love it I lovvvvve it. Every single moment has been absolutely incredible. But I want to tell you about my all time favorite moment.....
 
On Sunday Janice Kapp Perry spoke to us in Relief Society. (She wrote a lot of primary songs and hymns and she is amaaaazing.) So she re-wrote the words to the song "As Sisters in Zion" for sister missionaries, and its called "The Sisters OF Zion." And we- thousands of sister missionaries from all around the world- got to stand up together and be the very first people to ever sing it. The spirit in the room was overwhelming and I couldn't even sing because I was choking on my tears. And when I looked around I noticed that tears were streaming down the faces of every other sister in the room too. I didn't know how the song could sound so beautiful when we were all sobbing! That's right when we sang a line of the song that went "...with angels beside us." And that's when I knew. I knew that there really were angels beside us. Right then and there. I could hear them. And I could feel them. It was the sweetest most wonderful experience and I never want to forget it.
 
I'm sad that my time here at the MTC is almost up! but I am sooooo stoked to go to Denmark! Or somewhere else..... we still don't know about our visas yet. On Thursday they will tell us if we have them yet or not. And if we don't, then I'll either get to go to a stateside mission for a while (which would rock) or I'll get to stay here at the MTC for a few weeks (which would rock). Obviously it'll be a huge bummer if I don't get to go to Denmark right away. Because that's where I was called to serve. We've all been pretty tense and anxious and worried about it! But the other day during scripture study I came across a scripture that really helped and encouraged and lifted everyone's spirits. 1 Nephi 7:12-13 "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him. And if it so be that we are faithful to him, we shall obtain the land of promise."
If there is one thing I've learned here at the MTC, its that the Lord is in my life, and through faith in Him, all things are possible. And I do have faith. So I'll go where He wants me to go, when He wants me to go there. I know the Lord won't waste a second of my mission! If He wants me to go to Denmark next week, AWESOME. But if not, that's ok. I know I'll get there eventually!
If I do get a reassignment on Thursday I'll get to email real quick and let you know where I'm going. (So just cross your fingers that you won't hear from me!)
 
I love you all!
Jeg elsker dig!
CTR
ETTE
 
xoxo
Søster Rogers